Bootup speed for F8

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 08:58:29 UTC 2007

Here is my bootchart [1]. It's was with the normal fedora setup but
with apache and mysql added.

In my bootchart i see something i rather don't see.. about 7 seconds
nothing in the begin. and the overall speed seems about half of what
could be reached... so if that was optimized:

50 sec - 7 (pure nothing) = 43 seconds.
43 / 2 (it it would use the max in reads and cpu) = 21.5 seconds which
is a decent boot time.

If that's ever gonna happen (don't think so in the near future) than
you still have to add about 10 seconds in the begin (bios, grub and
kernel boot) and about another 10 seconds for gnome to be completely
loaded.

Total time at this moment:
70 seconds

If it was optimized it could be:
42.5 seconds (but that's under perfect conditions)