RadeonHD driver status

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Oct 30 13:32:24 UTC 2007

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 08:11:44 -0500
Mike Chambers <mike at miketc.com> wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> How has this driver been coming?  I thought I saw it in rawhide at one
> point and then removed?  I had heard this is the newer driver being
> worked on for updated ATI cards including R500 and whatever else?
> Will this be (re)included in the near future?

radeonhd was pulled from F8 due to it not really working.  It will
reappear in Fedora 9's rawhide.  Already in Fedora 8 is the avivo
driver which is an effort at supporting the same card set that started
before radeonhd.  Avivo is benefiting from ATI opening the
documentation and currently works a slight bit better than radeonhd.
However neither are in a state where we want to enable them by default.

--
Jesse Keating