Old fakeroot bug on F7 onwards - where to download from

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sun Aug 3 10:15:54 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Sun, Aug 03, 2008 at 09:35:49PM +1200, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> Fedora 7, 8 and 9 are shipping a version of fakeroot that is affected
> by a somewhat nasty race condition.
>
> The bug was characterised here
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=381016 , and with
> trivial repo steps here
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=446351 . This bug was
> fixed in 1.8.2 - F7,8,9 ship 1.6.4.
>
> Hopefully, F9/F8 can get an updated version of the package included.
> Help and pointers welcome :-) If that's not possible, I will prepare a
> package for the school server and offer it here.

It sure is possible, I'll look into updating the packages for >= F8.

BTW were in the schook server project are you using it? Just curious. :)

> To Clint  - looking for a link to the latest version to grace this
> email, I cannot find a source package or a tagged package anywhere.
> The most recent release I can see on Debian is 1.9.5 on Lenny and
> 1.9.6 on Sid, but there are no upstream tarballs on Alioth. Fakeroot
> is useful on many platforms - is it possible to arrange for publishing
> the tarballs somewhere?

I use the tarballs on
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/f/fakeroot/

For example for the latest fakeroot you can pick

http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/f/fakeroot/fakeroot_1.9.6.tar.gz
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net