MinGW devel rpms

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Aug 12 13:22:23 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 05:23:05AM -0700, Conrad Meyer wrote:
> Quoth Farkas Levente:
> > is there any place from where i can download the current mingw devel rpms?
> > thanks.
> >
> Speaking of which, what happened to the effort to get mingw packages into
> Fedora? Is there a SIG or a group drafting packaging guidelines, etc?

There was some weird politics from the Fedora board who had a secret
meeting (no records) without telling the MinGW SIG before nor
informing anyone after.  I only found out about the secret meeting a
week later quite by chance.  As a result I got a bit hacked off about
the whole thing.

Technically there are some fixes required to make it all happen,
mainly to get a cleaner solution to the current hack involving
__os_install_post.

All current work is here:

  http://hg.et.redhat.com/misc/fedora-mingw--devel/

Please edit the SIG page and submit patches if you want to get
involved.

Rich.

Read my OCaml programming blog: http://camltastic.blogspot.com/
Fedora now supports 60 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)