mono and silverlight

Gerald Henriksen ghenriks at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 19:51:54 UTC 2008

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 20:09:11 +0100, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>> If the code is actually inside mono 2.0, we need to strip it out of the tarball.
>> If this is just an extension, we can just disable it. Moonlight/Silverlight are
>> forbidden items in Fedora.
>
>./configure --help says
>
>--with-moonlight=yes,no If you want to build the Moonlight 2.1
>assemblies
>
>A quick look through the codebase doesn't show anything much though...

>From the mono README file:

--with-moonlight=yes,no

		Whether you want to generate the Silverlight/Moonlight
		libraries and toolchain in addition to the default
		(1.1 and 2.0 APIs).

		This will produce the `smcs' compiler which will
                reference
		the Silvelright modified assemblies (mscorlib.dll,
		System.dll, System.Code.dll and System.Xml.Core.dll)
                and turn
	  	on the LINQ extensions for the compiler.

		This option defaults to `no' and it is considered
                pre-alpha.

Moonlight itself is a separate download:

http://www.go-mono.com/moonlight/