disk partitioning for multiOS machine

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Tue Aug 19 05:07:32 UTC 2008

On 2008/08/19 14:17 (GMT+1000) Ding-Yi Chen apparently typed:

> I don't really think you can install 4 or more OSs on a harddrive.

http://fm.no-ip.com/tmp/libata-gt15partitions.txt shows considerably more are
possible even using libata. It has 12 installed, plus, not counting the
extended itself, 7 partitions that have no installed operating systems.

> A harddisk can  have either 4 primary partitions or 3 primarys and 1
> extended. I suppose the most stable configuration you might get is one
> primary for each OS,

Stable? What does that mean? Modern operating systems, once booted, make no
distinction between primaries and non-primaries - all are treated equally as
logical, as any partition at all is nothing more than an artificial (logical)
division of a physical device.
--
"Love is not easily angered. Love does not demand
its own way."			1 Corinthians 13:5 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/