mono and silverlight

chasd chasd at silveroaks.com
Tue Aug 19 22:05:13 UTC 2008

> On Tue, 2008-08-19 , Simo Sorce wrote:
>>

> We will just avoid packaging moonlight, but maybe other
> mono programs can take advantage of the same stuff that the moonlight
> enablement activates inside mono ?

I think so.

> On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 , Gerald Henriksen wrote:

> --with-moonlight=yes,no
>
> 		Whether you want to generate the Silverlight/Moonlight
> 		libraries and toolchain in addition to the default
> 		(1.1 and 2.0 APIs).
>
> 		This will produce the `smcs' compiler which will
>                 reference
> 		the Silvelright modified assemblies (mscorlib.dll,
> 		System.dll, System.Code.dll and System.Xml.Core.dll)
>                 and turn
> 	  	on the LINQ extensions for the compiler.

Our dotnet guys here are jazzed about LINQ.
That might be something useful to people programming in Mono, but not
Silverlight.

I don't know if the above compiler extensions are truly required to
use LINQ, or if Mono has enough LINQ support for it to be useful. In
fact I only know enough about dotnet and Mono to be really really
dangerous.

Charles Dostale