Zabbix 1.5.4 RPMs

Ray Van Dolson rayvd at bludgeon.org
Thu Aug 21 14:18:02 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 10:43:22AM +0300, Pavel Shevchuk wrote:
> Why did fedora choose zabbix? How it is compared to nagios?

I'm not sure that it's been chosen *yet* but is still in a way going
through some evaluation.  Although I'm guessing it will be picked.  You
should check the fedora-infrastructure mailing list archives for
discussion.

I think nagios had some shortcomings, and there were a lot of people
who were familiar with and liked Zabbix vs the other alternatives.  One
in particular, ZenOSS, is not suitable for packaging in Fedora
currently -- which is a prerequisite for any software package that
Infrastructure uses.

Ray