system autodeath

Vasile Gaburici vgaburici at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 15:03:01 UTC 2008

Also Fedora sometimes lacks the latest packages of something for
*many* releases. Take TeX for example. I've not upgraded my laptop,
which I use mostly for typesetting from FC5 until F9 came out. Why?
I've manually upgraded some LaTeX packages (and yes I reaaally had to
delete the old ones, not just install the new ones privately).
Anything in between FC6-FC8 would have been a downgrade for my laptop.
It looks like the history is going to repeat itself with F10 and
TeXLive 2008, but I'm digressing...