Looking for new package owners

Jon Ciesla limb at jcomserv.net
Fri Aug 22 13:20:45 UTC 2008

>> It's becoming clear to me that I lack the time to maintain all of my
>> packages, as there are a few outstanding bug reports that I'm just not
>> getting to. I think it's time to hand off some or all of my packages to
>> new maintainers. The following is the list of my current packages.
>>
>> atlas
>> autotrace
>> cln
>> fig2ps
>> fftw
>> ginac
>> glpk
>> lilypond
>> lilypond-doc
>
> I could take lilypond*, if no one else has a burning desire. . .
>
>> mftrace
>> octave
>> octave-forge
>> suitesparse
>>
>> Some of these are really easy, but two of them could be somewhat
>> challenging. Octave-forge is getting big and ugly, and it really needs
>> to be split into about 40 subpackages (which could be done
>> incrementally, rather than all at once). Atlas is more or less working
>> but it is really outdated, and it would probably require almost starting
>> from scratch to package the new 3.8.x releases.
>>
>> Quentin

Quentin, just as a reminder, you'll need to orhpan in pkgdb those packages
that others wish to take over before they can do so.  As far as I can
tell, pkgdb is working normally.

Not nagging, I just want to get on those bugs before I forget.  I have 2
young children, so the lack of sleep can leave me a bit scatterbrained if
I'm not careful. :)

>> --
>>

> --
> novus ordo absurdum