RFC: Firefox general.autoScroll to true

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Wed Aug 27 13:51:04 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 02:43:37PM +0200, Denis Leroy wrote:
>> The three-button mice are no longer manufactured and trying to click with the
>> scrolling wheel is a pain as it usually scrolls away
> I'm glad I'm not the only one with that opinion. This is particularily
> annoying when trying to resize windows with metacity (with Alt
> middle-click-drag).

The new logitech mice are particularly bad. I "solved" it by remapping
button 7 to be middle click. This is the button one gets by tilting the
scroll wheel to the right, which is easily done with the index finger on the
from the left button. This works out really nicely -- better than clicking
down on the wheel on my older logitech mouse.