SGML support refactored in F-10?

Ondřej Vašík ovasik at redhat.com
Fri Aug 29 13:06:10 UTC 2008

Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-08-28 at 19:32 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > The identical SRPM builds just fine in F-9.  I speculate that somebody's
> > refactored the relevant RPMs in F-10, and that I need a new
> > BuildRequires to make it work in F-10.  I'm not quite sure where to go
> > looking though.  Any clues?
> There are problems with the %post of docbook-dtds, which messes up the
> xml (and probably sgml) catalogs. I've complained to ovasik about that a
> while ago, not sure if it has been fixed. The last time this happened to
> me, I manually reran the docbook-dtds %post to get my catalogs back.

Thanks for report. Looks like some kind of heavy-weight black magic.
Problems mentioned by Mathias were solved in mid July, it is not related
to the current troubles as those changes are completely same for rawhide
and F9. Actually everything is same, diff is showing the only difference
in requires for xml-common, release number, changelog changes and
switched position of CATALOG definition (just changing the position
didn't help). After usage of F-9 spec file (with devel changelog and
version) it seems to work properly again.It seems there is something
very fragile in docbook-dtds.spec and it was accidently broken.
should work for you. At least it works for me...

Ondrej Vasik