evdev and multiple keyboards

Julian Sikorski belegdol at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 11:01:32 UTC 2008

Hi,

I recently upgraded to Fedora 10 and it seems there is a little issue
with evdev. I am a laptop user, but when at home I use a Logitech Alto
Cordless keyboard. The thing is, that the CapsLock LEDs are not
“coupled” - pressing caps lock on alto does not light up the diode on
the laptop and so on. This can lead to a funny situation when you will
have caps lock enabled and no led will show that. Is that a known issue?
 Apart from that, evdev keyboards seem to work fine, only 3 remappings
seem to be necessary. For laptop keyboard:
Cancel -> XF86AudioStop
For Logitech Alto Cordless:
XF86HomePage -> XF86WWW
XF86Tools -> XF86Media
Is the above submittable, and if so, where can I submit that? My Gnome
setting is evdev-managed keyboard.

Regards,
Julian