Fedora Release Engineering Meeting Recap 2008-12-01

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Tue Dec 2 01:49:05 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 07:51:51PM -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 07:14:18PM -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> >On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 03:59:50PM -0800, John Poelstra wrote:
> >> == Fedora 11 Naming ==
> >> * f13 to check with Josh Boyer (jwb) on running the process
> >
> >https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Guidelines_for_release_names
> >https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Name_suggestions_for_Fedora_11
> >
> >Josh and I worked on the guidelines last release after encountering
> >far too many name suggestions that were legally or otherwise
> >encumbered.  We both hope we'll have a smoother process this release
> >and that we can hand the Artwork team a name much sooner.
>
> In addition to that, naming suggestions will open very very soon.
> Keep your eyes open on the lists for the announcement.

Does the "is-a" relationship between F10 and F11 have to be the
already-chosen "original code name of Red Hat Linux", or are we
allowed to come up with a new "is-a" relationship between Cambridge
and the F11 name?