rawhide report: 20081128 changes

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Wed Dec 3 19:27:08 UTC 2008

2008/12/3 Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com>:
> On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 12:09:26 +0000
> rjones at redhat.com ("Richard W.M. Jones") wrote:
>

>> Just to keep people updated, upstream OCaml made some small but
>> significant change to a library which turns out to break lots of
>> packages.  So this is going to take some time to get fixed.
>>
>> Details here and in the follow-up messages.
>>
>> http://caml.inria.fr/pub/ml-archives/caml-list/2008/11/4a13be017ce7f9b70941fe09fbcd9359.en.html
>
> This subject came up at todays FESCo meeting. There continue to be a
> bunch of broken dependencies in rawhide on these packages.
>
> Is there anything we can do to assist you in getting things back in
> shape? I'd be happy to fix packages, but I don't know Ocaml, so it
> would need to be a clear fix. ;)

Maybe there should be a new tag in Koji for fixing up all of the Ocaml
packages like was was done for Python 2.6 recently (dist-f11-python)
or Perl 5.10 for F-10 (dist-f10-perl).  Is there an easy way to make
packages tagged with dist-f11-ocaml yum installable so that testing
the packages is easier?

--
Jeff Ollie

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then
I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the
terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve
them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and
unfairness of the universe."

	-- Marcus to Franklin in Babylon 5: "A Late Delivery from Avalon"