More PATH fallout. Who decided this was a good idea?

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Sun Dec 7 13:36:25 UTC 2008

On Saturday 06 December 2008 13:12:28 Seth Vidal wrote:
> > Who's "we"?  Perhaps "we" shouldn't piss on Fedora in order to meet some
> > cert that I highly highly doubt any Fedora install will find useful.
>
> This is an interesting one to me, too.
>
> when did this decision get made?

By me after a group presented the options back in 2005. Back in those days
shadow-utils was in "Core" and that was maintained by Red Hat. Remember, we
are not talking about something that suddenly changed. We are talking about
something that was recently noticed. So, this is a holdover from before Fedora
went into its own data center.

-Steve