use fcron as default scheduler in Fedora?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Mon Dec 8 11:29:19 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 09:26:24AM +0100, Marcela Maslanova wrote:

> cronie is also using inotify, longer than fcron ;-) So this is not
> advantage.

Indeed. (As a side note, since fcron didn't watched at all for those
files and directories, 'longer than fcron' has not a well defined
meaning ;-).

I haven't fully understood the code, but it seems to me that cronie will
miss the creation of /etc/crontab if it didn't exist when the select in
check_inotify_database is entered? And does it watch modifications of
files in RH_CROND_DIR?

In any case you may have a look at
http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/rpms/fcron/devel/fcron_config_modified.c?revision=1.1&view=markup
though it is not exactly the same context (it is called from a shell
script and if it exits with exit code 0 the configuration is reread by
another shell script), here I also watch /etc in case crontab wasn't
there already, to watch for its creation.

--
Pat