FAmSCo elections only open to ambassadors?

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Dec 8 16:52:38 UTC 2008

Hans de Goede wrote:

> Don't get me wrong I think that people who contribute to Fedora by doing
> marketing in the broadest sense of the word, or by doing translations,
> as such have earned every right to influence future development of
> Fedora. But how is it that the people who are building the distro, do
> not get to influence how the distro is represented to the world by our
> Ambassadors?

I am not an Ambassador so I can't vote there but I don't have any
problem with that, from the mission and goals, it seems like it is an
administrative organization and it make sense for the vote to be closed
to its members:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/SteeringCommittee#Mission_and_Goals

Also, the Ambassadors are an easy to join group, I believe a number of
developers are registered as Ambassadors.