New project, for fun and excitement: Offtrac!

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Dec 9 06:27:17 UTC 2008

> Offtrac is my attempt at creating a python library for interacting with
> trac via xmlrpc.  I've also created a reference application that makes
> use of this library, configured for the Fedora Hosted environment.
>
> What it does right now:
>  * Query existing tickets
>  * List existing milestones
>  * Get information about particular tickets
>  * Get information about particular milestones
>  * Create new tickets
>  * Create new milestones
>
> All authenticated! (via https)

I should mention that offtrac (and fedora-hosted.py) only works with
Trac environments that enable the xmlrpc plugin.  We just started
testing this plugin in the Fedora Hosted environment, and it hasn't been
fully integrated into our config management control.  The only projects
I know of with it enabled are rel-eng, pungi, and offtrac.  If you want
to enable xmlrpc in your project space to enable offtrac use with it,
file a ticket in fedora-infrastructure (or again find me on IRC) and
we'll take care of it.  If things go well, we'll consider making the
xmlrpc plugin a default for hosted projects.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!