The looming Python 3(000) monster

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Dec 9 10:24:48 UTC 2008

Les Mikesell wrote:

> And yet, in all that time, I never had a problem continuing to run a
> previously working C program even in the extremely rare cases where an
> updated compiler wouldn't build a new copy.  Python doesn't work that way.

New major versions of GCC have almost always resulted in a few C
programs within the distribution needing to be updated to work with it.
You might not have to run it this much but any major distribution
certainly would have. It is not a python specific problem though python
does change more often than C does.

Rahul