The looming Python 3(000) monster

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Dec 9 14:16:13 UTC 2008

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

> This is not a comparable scenario. The new GCC releases are identifying
> bugs which always existed in your code, not changing the language. As
> such once you fix the bugs, your code continues to work on old & new
> GCC just fine.

It is not the exact same scenaro but we are talking about backward
compatibility of languages in general. If new GCC breaks my C code or a
new Python interpretor breaks my python code, it is still breaking what
was working before. C specification is not breakfast reading so almost
everybody just go with what a compiler like GCC supports.

Isn't a similar situation responsible for

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F10_bugs#DNS_Resolver_not_Reliable

Rahul