Fedora QA ? - Re: What Fedora makes sucking for me - or why I am NOT Fedora

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Dec 9 23:35:15 UTC 2008

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:
> For a developer to be able to test his code he needs to test on all
> possible scenarios
> hw and sw related repeated times the n option ( if any ) his application
> can do.

Right, and there's absolutely no way we can do that. That's what
updates-testing is for. We developers/packagers test as much as possible
where possible (or should, at least ;-) ), but we can't test everything all
on our own. Sometimes we don't even have the required hardware. And
sometimes in the real world it is also more important to work on the next
fix than to test the one we just wrote.

        Kevin Kofler