Displaying %doc and language specific files of an rpm

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Wed Dec 10 08:28:25 UTC 2008

On Tue, 9 Dec 2008, Till Maas wrote:

> On Mon December 1 2008, Panu Matilainen wrote:
>
>> Docs, config files, ghosts and the like can be viewed with this ('d' is
>> for doc):
>> rpm -qp --qf "[%{fileflags:fflags} %{filenames}\n]" <pkg>
>
> I want to extend this to display a "-> linktarget" if a file is a symlink.
> This is what I tried, but it always adds the "->":
>
> rpm -qp --qf "[%{filenames} %|filelinktos?{-> %{filelinktos}}:{}| \n]"
>
> Do you know, how to make this work? I found the %|foo?{bar}:{baz}| syntax in
> the queryformat doc file from rpm.

The queryformat conditional result is about tag existence (and all
packages have filelinktos tag, regardless if they contain symlinks or
not), not would it print something for a particular item.

In other words, there's no way to do that within queryformat, but you can
of course pipe the output for extra processing, eg
rpm -q --qf "[%{FILENAMES} %{FILELINKTOS}\n]\n" libcap.x86_64 | awk
'{print $2 ? $1 " -> " $2 : $1}'

Or use --pipe option to rpm but that's hardly useful outside popt
aliases. But that's not likely to work too well if you have lots of
optional data. Sooner or later it's going to be easier to just use python
for fancy formatting.

 	- Panu -