What Fedora makes sucking for me - or why I am NOT Fedora

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Wed Dec 10 09:51:15 UTC 2008

On Wed December 10 2008, Kevin Kofler wrote:

> All this was so much simpler and more obvious before that useless security
> team approval step was introduced (without really consulting packagers
> outside of the security team). :-( What benefit does that approval step
> bring us? It's obviously not QA or this update wouldn't have ended up in
> stable!

It is QA, but with a different focus. The security team checks whether the
information within the update is correct, e.g. using the correct bug number
for the CVE and whether the update contains a useful explaination. At least
this is what I believe to have read and experienced with a security update.

Regards,
Till