The looming Python 3(000) monster

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Dec 10 18:58:19 UTC 2008

On 10.12.2008 19:14, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-12-10 at 11:55 -0600, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>> Just to  be clear, does that mean no Python 3.0 in parallel either?
> That has already been turned down multiple times.

Those things (and the discussion around it, like this one) will drive me
away from Fedora sooner or later.

For me the whole thing boils down to: There is a software that some
people want (developers for example; and there are a lot of developers
that use Fedora afaics...); it's open-source, it doesn't hurt upstream
if we ship it (like kernel-modules), so let's just ship it.

Anyway:

> Watch my blog if you
> want a parallel-installable package for 3.x. I plan to update my SRPM to
> final once the 2.6 work in Fedora is done.

Do you plan to submit it to RPM Fusion?

Cu
knurd