Any chance of seeing GCC UPC in Fedora?

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Wed Dec 10 21:40:07 UTC 2008

CM> Is there any reason not to provide it as part of GCC given that it
CM> simply extends the functionality of GCC (adds another language
CM> frontend)?

I imagine this won't happen for the same reason that GPC won't be
included as part of the Fedora GCC packages: it's a separate project,
with its own release schedule.  Until the sources actually get into
the main GCC tree, it would be quite difficult to keep them together.
That will almost certainly never happen with GPC; I don't know if UPC
would have better luck.

That said, I did a lot of work to get GPC to build and work in the
face of a changing GCC version that it may occasionally coincide with
(and thus needs to not conflict with).  I guess one day I need to get
back to it.

 - J<