What Fedora makes sucking for me - or why I am NOT Fedora

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 06:56:23 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 12:39 AM, Bradley Baetz <bbaetz at acm.org> wrote:
> Kevin Kofler wrote:
>>
>> Bradley Baetz wrote:
>>>
>>> Can someone who wants the new versions immediately explain why they
>>> don't want to wait an average of 3 months for the next fedora release?
>>
>> Because if you need the bugfix or the new feature now, any wait is too
>> long.
>
> Why is waiting for a new feature for 3 months too long? Excluding support
> for new hardware, if you want a bleeding edge feature run rawhide.

I would definitely say that waiting 6 months (I don't agree with this
lowball of 3 months) is too long for new and useful software. Taking
the example of OpenOffice, my windows machine has a more up to date
version of OO.org than my Fedora machines. I find this weird and
unfortunate.

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )