Fedora QA ? - Re: What Fedora makes sucking for me - or why I am NOT Fedora

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Wed Dec 10 10:58:51 UTC 2008

On 2008-12-09, 12:03 GMT, Sven Lankes wrote:
> We should try to get the bohdi-karma-mechanism more popular.

IMNSHO we should get rid of it -- there is already one very good
mechanism for registering bugs in the software and it is
bugzilla. Trying to develop another bugzilla in bodhi is asking
for failure. Even worse would be if you succeed and somebody
would actually start to use it, because they would expect
maintainers to take it into account.

Yes, there should be some mechanism how Bodhi should stop package
from entering updates, but I guess bodhi developers will have to
work a little bit harder than putting yet another stupid form on
the website somewhere, which doesn't integrate with anything than
with itself.

Sorry, for being offensive, but rewriting in the polished tone
would take too much time (and I would have to cool down myself
first ;-)). Bodhi developers, don't take this personally please.

Best,

Matěj