What Fedora makes sucking for me - or why I am NOT Fedora

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 17:18:50 UTC 2008

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 19:25 +1100, Bradley Baetz wrote:
>> Kevin Kofler wrote:
>>> Because the user has work to do which requires the new feature.
>> Sometimes, sure. But (again excluding new hardware) how often does that
>> happen?
> More often than you might think.

But, balance that against the advice given here to people who complained
about KDE 4.0 not being ready for prime time, which was that "nobody
forced you to upgrade to F9".

> More precisely, as a developer, to me, this is the #1 motivation to use
> Fedora. Otherwise, I could use a different distro.
>
> As a participant in Fedora, other almost equally important aspects comes
> into play: Tayloring the distro to meet my personal demands and having a
> possibilities fix bugs quickly.
>
> Having to wait for "at average 3 months", would widely waste these
> aspects and render Fedora non-interesting to me.

But pushing broken stuff may force people to wait even longer to get
something they can use, plus all the trouble of having to back out
updates or upgrades which has no convenient mechanism.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com