What Fedora makes sucking for me - or why I am NOT Fedora

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 20:43:03 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 11:32 AM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
> More to the point, how can I expect this to work after the thing I want goes
> away in the repository, replaced by a mistaken push of something broken?  I
> think it is unreasonable to assume that such mistakes will never happen.
>  What's the plan to avoid/recover from this?

You keep mixing up different questions. There are different questions

1) How do you know its broken?
... still waiting for you to even explain how you know something is
broken before you install it.

2) Once you know its broken how prevent it from going on to a client system
.... yum's configuration options work just fine for that.

3) If you found out its broken after you installed it on a client
system how do you revert to a previous update?
... you keep a local cache of previously installed updates. yum lets
you keep a local cache..per client. The caching is off by default but
it can be turned on.

-jef