What Fedora makes sucking for me - or why I am NOT Fedora

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Dec 12 02:28:05 UTC 2008

Jesse Keating wrote:
> With the 6 month cycle of Fedora, and our willingness to break things
> like crazy in the rawhide world, we're still a very very fast distro and
> unique in the distro space for early adoption of software.

But it is not enough. The updates are an important part of that. When
Kubuntu released Intrepid, Fedora 9 already had the same version of KDE
(4.1.2) despite having been released 6 months earlier. How was this
possible? Thanks to the updates of course! It's similar for the kernel and
other packages whose maintainers push new versions regularly.

        Kevin Kofler