What Fedora makes sucking for me - or why I am NOT Fedora

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Dec 12 02:33:02 UTC 2008

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> 6 months is a pretty long time to wait for a major release. I
> understand the rationale, but if this is going to be the new Fedora,
> best announce this and let  everyone know so that they can reevaluate
> if Fedora is for them. As things are, I feel that we are being _too_
> conservative. Any further move to more conservatism seriously affects
> Fedora's usefulness to me.

+1

On the "too conservative" scale, I'll put e.g. GNOME which could be upgraded
just as KDE is and Python which could be upgraded to point releases (of
course not from 2.5 to 2.6 or even 3.0, but to newer 2.5.x releases - for
example, F10 has 2.5.2, but F8 and F9 are stuck with 2.5.1 at a whopping
patch level of -26) (but there's more such stuff, those are just 2
examples).

        Kevin Kofler