Making updates-testing more useful

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Dec 12 06:06:59 UTC 2008

On 11.12.2008 19:28, Richard Hughes wrote:

> Yes, we can easily enable the testing repos with a small button and a
> more info link. The real question is, will this clutter the UI and
> confuse new users?

Another good question (related to the "will this confuse new users"
part): Will you enable the updates-testing repos from 3rd party repos in
the same step automatically? Otherwise people that use those repos will
now and then run into dependency troubles -- for example when a new
xine-lib enters updates-testing from Fedora and xine-lib-extras-nonfree
enters updates-testing from RPM Fusion at the same time.

But well, likely it doesn't matter to much anyway, as yum is still
pretty broken in such situations anyway, as mirror lags will confuse it:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-August/msg00041.html

CU
knurd