Fedora Com System ? (was: Package updating problem and solutions)

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 20:12:33 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 2:03 PM, Seth Vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Dec 2008, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>
>> I think everyone is familiar with the topic, and this isn't an attempt
>> to branch into, just a side question.
>>
>> Does the Fedora community see a need for a simple (yet robust)
>> communication system (possibly one way) from the Fedora elders to the
>> Fedora users? The idea being that if there was such a system now, and
>> alert could be sent out and people could be aware of the issue and the
>> work around, without relying on a mailing list, etc?
>
> How are fedora-announce, the blogs and the webpages NOT this?

You don't get any of them with Fedora, that's primary difference I
see. During the new-key issue, many people claimed not to be on the
announce list for various reasons. All of these require you to check
regularly, or be aware that there is an ongoing issue.

But you are right, what we have now may be adequate. This is what I am
trying to to determine.

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )