A way out of the update trap

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 20:40:07 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 10:59 AM, Patrice Dumas <pertusus at free.fr> wrote:
> I'd propose, more largely @code, @base and dependencies.

I think that's too broad a target to start with and you don't have the
QA resourses in place to support a policy that broad.

If QA resources are scarce, how about we treat them as scarce and
build narrow policies which let the existing resources get used for
best benefit on targetted priorities. And as resources grow, we grow
the list of priorities downward into more areas.

Right now. I am asking us as a project to suck it up and identify a
top functionality priority and to live within our means as it comes to
existing QA expectations.

For me, lowering the risk of the potential breakage of update
functionality breakage is the number 1 priority in terms of critical
functionality.  I dare you to suggest an alternative specific
functionality. If we can't even settle on one specific functionality
as a priority we've no chance a targetting all of @core and @base.
None.

-jef