[Fwd: Build Error (Job 2059): sdlmame-0129-0_6_0128u6_fc11 on fedora-development-rpmfusion_nonfree]

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 12:55:33 UTC 2008

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 21:46:06 +0900, Mamoru wrote:

> Michael Schwendt wrote, at 12/15/2008 09:28 PM +9:00:

> > Additionally, there's related activity in pkg-config with regard
> > to Requires.private:
> >
> >   http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=73901
> >
> > gconf-2.0.pc has dbus-1 as a Requires.private
>
> Umm.. It seems with recent rawhide pkgconfig
> $ pkg-config --print-requires gconf-2.0
>
> will always pull in Requires.private dependency. And so with
> recent rpm behavior if GConf2 is rebuilt Requires.private
> dependency will always pulled in. Is this expected behavior?
> I guess this is superfluous and this behavior should be
> reverted.

I don't see that. Check out pkgconfig %changelog in koji linked
above. There's the bz ticket where this is being discussed.

dbus-1 is not pulled in yet (or else it would be in the package RPM
Requires already), but the ticket looks as if they want that to be the new
behaviour for a future rpmbuild. The sdlmame configure script apparently
pulls in the Requires.private dbus-1 in its --exists or compilation check
of GConf2 and fails to retrieve proper search paths for the headers, too.