RFC: Description text in packages

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Dec 15 17:55:49 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 09:47:40AM -0800, Christopher Stone wrote:
> So, why not just go to the upstream website?  Spec file descriptions
> are not the place to look for feature lists...

Because I want to have 'yum search' do something useful and find those
features.  eg. If I want a blog tool with spam filtering that's
supported in Fedora, how do you propose to answer that question by
going to a website?

> I am certain that in 100% of all cases where feature lists are in spec
> files, these lists are out of date, inaccurate, and not updated with
> new features.

Well, I'll assert that you're wrong, but if there are any packages
which are like this, file bugs for them ...

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/