RFC: Description text in packages

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Dec 15 20:50:43 UTC 2008

Le lundi 15 décembre 2008 à 21:52 +0200, Muayyad AlSadi a écrit :
> > Question 1: Should we use '', "", or the UTF-8 quote characters? If we
>
> for some crazy reason unicode has removed mirrored proprietary from quotes

It's not some crazy reason.
What you call left quote in ASCII was always defined as the grave
accent.
The grave accent was never a mirror of '. Some people abused it this
way. With unicode there was no reason for the abuse to continue so it
returned to its initial intended definition.

--
Nicolas Mailhot