eel2 is going away

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Tue Dec 16 16:02:28 UTC 2008

> eel2 has been merged back into nautilus, and will no longer be available
> as a separate library. I've added an Obsoletes to the nautilus package.
>
> This only affects a handful of packages, and for most of them a simple
> rebuild should suffice:
>
> $repoquery -q --whatrequires libeel-2.so.2
> nautilus-python-0:0.5.1-1.fc10.i386
> control-center-1:2.24.0.1-9.fc10.i386
> nautilus-cd-burner-0:2.24.0-1.fc10.i386
> nautilus-share-0:0.7.2-13.fc10.i386
> gnome-translate-0:0.99-12.fc9.i386
> nautilus-search-tool-0:0.2.2-4.fc10.i386

I added an Obsoletes: eel2 when I built nautilus last night, but looking
at these packages today, there is some real porting effort required (at
least in gnome-translate), so I'm going to drop the Obsoletes
temporarily, to give people some time to port.

I'll have another go at it in January.

Matthias