leaving fedora

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Dec 17 14:28:32 UTC 2008

On 17.12.2008 15:10, Paul Howarth wrote:
> Jon Ciesla wrote:

>>> Just cannot believe in my eyes. Worst news.
>>> My sponsor, please stay. :(
>> Do we need to work out a sponsorship transfer?  Not sure what the policy
>> is for this sort of thing.
> I think there are a lot of people in this position, e.g. many people
> (myself included) lost their sponsor when Elliot Lee left.

The real question is: How long do you have to keep any eye on somebody
you sponsored? That should get answered before  the question "Who takes
over the sponsor burden if the sponsor doesn't do it properly or leaves"
gets discussed.

The answer to the first question afaics depends on the person that is
being sponsored. I for example stopped watching cwickert after just a
few weeks or months, as I got the impression that he found its way into
the project properly and can work on his own (he was made sponsor a few
months later). But other people that are less involved/active I'd say it
important to watch them for longer time-frames. But it's IMHO definitely
shouldn't be a life-time job IMHO ;-)

Cu
knurd