What I'm going to do: Was: RFC: Description text in packages

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 18:59:21 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-12-17 at 09:31 -0800, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> PackageKit is, of course, your baby

No, it's an upstream project where we try to work with al the distros to
solve a common problem. It's certainly not my baby.

> but you're trying to add formatting
> to a field that doesn't have any formatting rules inside Fedora or
> cross-distro.

Right. And I think markdown in spec files and update descriptions makes
perfect sense. If the text doesn't have such formatting, or it's
invalid, PK will just return the text with no processing.

Richard.