query post/postun/preun dependencies for a rpm

devzero2000 devzero2000 at rpm5.org
Thu Dec 18 13:52:23 UTC 2008

The Requires(post) context marker exists only for breaking loop deps at the
install package time.So it is not necessary to register them in an rpmdb
because they were needed only
for installing, not for using or erasing, a package. The %post scriptlet is
run only during install, never run after install.

Regards