Call for vote: Nautilus use Browser view for fedora 11

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Dec 18 21:32:41 UTC 2008

Dimi Paun wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-12-19 at 02:40 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> I vote that we don't vote on configuration changes and let the
>> upstream
>> developers and package maintainers decide.  Voting on every
>> configuration change, we would obvious not be getting anywhere.  The
>> decision will be an upstream change or in other circumstances, the
>> maintainer of the software in question. If the maintainers want to do
>> a survey, they can on their own or ask for help if needed.
>
> This makes lots of sense -- to be consistent, I suggest we remove
> all Fedora-related artwork that diverges from upstream. Including
> the desktop background images too.

Branding doesn't really have anything to do with configuration changes.
I suggest that you read

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/WhyUpstream

For artwork and branding, Fedora is essentially upstream for many things
like Nodoka theme. To be consistent, the decision on which artwork to
pick among the many competing proposals is left to the artwork team and
not by a random vote in a mail cross posted to fedora-devel and
fedora-list either. You are confusing completely different things.

Rahul