Call for vote: Nautilus use Browser view for fedora 11

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 23:21:49 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 12:06 AM, Rahul Sundaram
<sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Suren Karapetyan wrote:
>
>> Not in this case.
>> Here we can easily separate a default checkbox from code change.
>
> If there is a change required, talk within the upstream community or have a
> real discussion with the package maintainers and try to convince them
> instead of pointless voting in the development mailing list (which is far
> from representative of a regular user base, would make them feel forced). If
> the maintainers have agreed to a vote, then fine. If not, it makes no
> difference and just wastes time.  Don't do it. It just provides false hope
> and leads to more disappointment. Not worth it, for a easily changed
> setting.
>
> Rahul

On Rahul's request i invite a bunch of poeple to read this thread in
the hope to get this in fedora.
Note the list i cc'ed to.. all @redhat.com mail addresses.. i hope i
can get a objective opinion from them.

Also cc'ed to the nautilus list.. though it probably should be
somewhere else but that's what you get when you make a list for
everything.. you lose sight.
"So many trees that i can't see the forest any more"

Also if this isn't the way to get this in fedora then what is? this
change will affect everyone and should not rely on one person but
should have a solid base behind it.
In this thread there are just a few -1 posts and the rest seems to be
+1 so the solid base is building up here.