Amarok 2 on F9

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Dec 19 19:44:31 UTC 2008

Joshua C. wrote:
> I recompiled amarok-2.0.2.fc10 for f9 just to try it. Before this i
> had to recompile mysql-embedded for f9 (source is in koji for f10)
> because in f9 there is no mysql-embedded. I also needed to recompile
> libmtp-0.3.4 for f9. So far it is working fine. Since the kde versions
> in f10 and  f9 are identical can the maintainer officially publich it
> for f9?

Why? If we were three months from a release, and talking about the
current release (i.e. f10), and there was a compelling reason to upgrade
(e.g. I really hope KDE 4.2 can get pushed to f10 :-) ), that would be
one thing. In this case, users that want amarok2 can, and IMO should,
use f10. I don't see the reason to push a major update to a non-current
release.

(Put another way, would you support pushing OOo3 to f9?)

--
Matthew
I was recently amused by issuing 'rm -rf $KDEDIR'... from Konsole, while