Usage of {_libdir} or {_lib} in noarch packages

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Sat Dec 20 15:05:48 UTC 2008

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 04:57:52PM +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:

> Isn't the norach equivalent of _libdir _datadir? Or phrased in another
> way: Shouldn't a noach package avoid both lib and lib64? I think we
> even have rules already set for this.
>
> I don't quite agree that rpm should start changing _libdir to point
> to _datadir, but the packagers should probably patch up the packages
> to use _datadir instead of _libdir if the package is indeed noarch.

I tend to agree.  It would be interesting to scan alle noarch packages
and see what they put in /usr/lib* and whether that's ok or not.

B.t.w. I'm also against changing macros per target arch (as far as
possible at all), this will make spec files even less "predictable".

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>