Call for vote: Nautilus use Browser view for fedora 11

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 18:47:14 UTC 2008

David Nielsen wrote:

>> And for this entire issue where i made this thread for in the first
>> place. Don't expect me to be silent now. I will be vocal about this.
>> fedora has a "freedom" sign in it's logo so make that a reality!
>>

> And you remain with the freedom to change the setting manually, create your
> own spin with the setting changed by default. Your freedom however does not
> extend to throwing a hissy fit on the development list because you're
> preference is not the default. We have processes for feature goals and there
> is upstream GNOME to have this debate with, both will get you input on the
> idea without pissing the rest of us off.
>
> I used to have the browser mode activated out of habit, but now because you
> made it your mission to spam the devel list and attack developers, I have
> changed the setting back and you know what.. I love spatial.

Can someone who likes (even tolerates) spatial mode describe why?  I'm
completely baffled as to why anyone would prefer windows left open all
over the place randomly instead of just explicitly opening ones yourself
in places where you want them.  For me, it is _always_ extra work to
close the unwanted windows compared to opening the ones I want.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com