Call for vote: Nautilus use Browser view for fedora 11

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 20:24:47 UTC 2008

On Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 10:53 AM, Mark <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Now that you say it like that you might be right.

I'm always right.  That has never been the problem for me. Its just
one of those inherent truths of the universe.
But you know what, its not enough for me to be right all the time.
The skill I've had to learn over time is how to persuade other people,
I'm still learning.  It's a trick you should probably invest some time
thinking about developing.

> However my post was not with the intention to demand a vote.. just
> to.. vote how you liked it.

Yes, your actual intention was probably not the intention people read
into your actions.  The same could be said for people on the other
side.  Noone has figured out how to write a markup language for human
intention...and as a result any passionate discussion degrades
severely as we are wired to read intention but without body language
and vocal ques...we absolutely do it wrong when relying solely on
written language. Even more so with English! If we mandated everyone
encode thought into Lisp we'd be having more constructive discussions
(and less of them). The productivity of the list would be through the
roof.

> Btw your idea of "my spin idea" might very well be true ^_^ it's just
> that it sucks up so much time which i don't want to spend at it.

That's a copout excuse.  You are spending a lot of time right now
beating your head on the brick wall on this issue.  Figuring out a
technical solution in the form of a LiveCD under the umbrella of the
GNOME project might actually be the better argument than what you are
doing now.

-jef