Stability and Release Cycles - An Idea

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Dec 21 17:30:56 UTC 2008

Alan Cox wrote:
> FESCo has no power to make it work or not work. The GPL gave people all
> the rights they need to create a long term Fedora variant.

But it's impossible to pull off without infrastructure, and setting up the
infrastructure required for this project outside of Fedora requires months
of work, and with the expected bandwidth requirements (think OO.o security
updates), quite possibly also lots of money. That's why this project is
doomed to fail without access to the official Fedora infrastructure, which
is what was refused.

That said, with Patrice leaving Fedora, I don't think there's any driving
force for such a project left anyway.

        Kevin Kofler