Stability and Release Cycles - An Idea

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 00:54:21 UTC 2008

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 8:44 AM, Alan Cox <alan at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 06:30:57PM +0100, Patrice Dumas wrote:
>> On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 12:14:38PM -0500, Alan Cox wrote:
>> >
>> > FESCo has no power to make it work or not work. The GPL gave people all the
>> > rights they need to create a long term Fedora variant.
>>
>> Of course, but doing it within fedora (even not officially) is
>> what FESCo can accept or reject.
>
> And why do you need to do it within Fedora - if the answer is "I can only do
> it by piggybacking on Fedora resources" then that sounds to me like you don't

You know what I find interesting, This particular idea wasn't in any
of the candidate statements for any of the people running for FESCo.
If this were really a problem with existing governance decision making
I would have expected to see a candidate running for FESCo mention
supporting this idea explicitly in their nomination wiki info. I don't
remember seeing that.

-jef